[JoPP-Public] Future of Journal of Peer Production

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 2 02:54:45 CEST 2017

Hi Angela, George, all

Good idea to put a call out for special issue editors. Editorial team members can work on that, I guess.

Sure, we could have an "OPEN" issue: someone needs to coordinate it, though. Also the timeline is important. Are we aiming for Oct 2018 or April 2019? In which case there will be a gap in the release schedule. Which we will need to deal with somehow.

Or do we decide to publish once a year? I think Dariusz suggested that (amongst other things). Might be more manageable... I guess we can decide on that once we see how the call for eds goes.

So, in the meantime, who will coordinate the "OPEN" (if we decide on that title) issue? I go back to my earlier thought: what if we used some of the "varia" articles for that? Understand if not suitable as may delay publication but could be nice for authors also?

@Peter: what do you think?

cheers

Mathieu