[JoPP-Public] Fw: Your journal application to DOAJ: Journal of Peer Production

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Aug 19 03:33:25 CEST 2017

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 12:56:19AM +0000, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
> This may be a silly question but I wonder if there is a difference
> between the moral rights (as Angela said) of the author of computer
> code which is reused and those of the author of thoughts/words?

Wikipedia --- words, not code --- license is CC-BY-SA. The whole Free
Culture movement is not about code, even though it clearly got
inspiration from it.

Also, very high profile examples of open access journals that have
adopted Free Culture licenses abound, e.g.,

- https://elifesciences.org/about/openness
- https://www.plos.org/license
- https://peerj.com/about/publications/

having a bottom up journal that has "peer production" in its name do
anything short of that would be very weird.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack at upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o