[JoPP-Public] Fw: Your journal application to DOAJ: Journal of Peer Production

Angela Daly angela.daly at qut.edu.au
Fri Aug 18 11:12:15 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I would advocate a CC-BY-NC-ND licence for the following reasons:
- we ensure authors are properly attributed (ensuring the moral right rather than economic right)
- we ensure that if the articles are reproduced, they are not done so in a modified form without seeking the authors' consent (again, ensuring the moral right to the integrity of the work)
- we ensure that no-one can make a profit out of the articles

Legally speaking, putting something into the 'public domain' before the expiry of the copyright term doesn't make a lot of sense. This is not an adequate situation, but we currently lack clear mechanisms to do this in a legal sense.

Happy to talk about this more.

Thanks,
Angela