[JoPP-Public] JoPP journal #9

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:59:06 CET 2016

Dear Jonathan,

i think, i understand you. Generally we have three ways:

1.1) pattern in the subject
Actually, we have [JoPP-Public]. This we can change to JOPP-xxx for
news, announce, info or similar. This are the push-list part. It is
only for information from the coordinator group. And this is that,
what you want.

1.2 header element
This is the same, but only not visible.

For both you can use your filter in your local environment.

2. mailman server
>From the info-page, after login with your email address and password,
we come to the user configuration page.
There we find the element: Which topic categories would you like to
subscribe to?

but this "topic  categories" the admin-group have to define. Then you
can selct, what type of email you want to receive.

3) more lists
Many groups use different lists.
Announce(news, update, info or something)
Discuss
Blocked (this are the blocked mails from moderation)

This means, that the "topic categories" are distributed over differen
lists. Mostly the easiest way and therefore mostly used from people,
they don't like to read the mailman documentation.

What way you will find with Mathieu is depend of willingness. For my
request it have no influence. Personally i like this full list with
all different topics. Therefore, i will select all. Or, equivalent,
subscribe to all lists.

my request goes to an open space, without subscription, for the text
reflections for all readers with an info or link in every text. The
common methods are the comment function in every text.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay