[JoPP-Public] Inclusion in Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science

Dr. Peter Troxler trox at fabfolk.com
Thu Oct 6 08:41:11 CEST 2016

> On 6 Oct 2016, at 06:35, george dafermos <georgedafermos at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au <mailto:mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>> wrote:
> Hi all
>

> It's been suggested to me that it would be useful to get JoPP some more institutional recognition. Does anyone have a clue about whether it would be desirable and / or advisable to get JoPP listed into Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science? Scopus is run by Elsevier which is obvs not great and after a brief look on their site I could not find info on how to be indexed. On the other hand Thomson does indicate what their criteria for inclusion is:
>
> http://wokinfo.com/essays/journal-selection-process <http://wokinfo.com/essays/journal-selection-process>
>

> No doubt it would be nice to get some institutional recognition for JoPP. Personally I don't use neither of those resources anymore to look for bibliography, but I remember lots of people were using the web of science when i was doing my phd in delft.

I wonder if we could get into WorldCat via a friendly university library ... ?

> However they seem to have requirements which may be hard to meet - such as a DOI for each article...? is this a way to exclude non-corporate publications? Would pursuing this be a good idea? Do we need to revisit the idea of raising money for JoPP?
>

> Hmmm...how much would it cost to get a DOI for each article? Does anyone know?

as per http://www.crossref.org/02publishers/20pub_fees.html <http://www.crossref.org/02publishers/20pub_fees.html>
DOI is $275 per year plus $1 per record (volume, issue and article)

a cheaper route as suggested here https://www.martineve.com/2012/07/11/starting-an-open-access-journal-a-step-by-step-guide-part-2/ <https://www.martineve.com/2012/07/11/starting-an-open-access-journal-a-step-by-step-guide-part-2/> is membership of OASPA at €75 which includes 50 DOIs per year