[JoPP-Public] Peer production and work issue: update

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 18 13:56:18 CET 2016

Hi everyone

We got a dozen abstract submissions for the peer production and work issue, narrowed it down to seven and eventually received five full papers. There has been some uncertainty arising from the journal website being targeted by malicious attacks. We (well, Peter mostly) have been working to fix the problem and rebuild the site but this has taken longer than expected.

This has resulted in the delayed release of JoPP issues 8 (feminism) and 9 (alternative internets). Issue 8 is about to be released and 9 will take the place of our planned release in June/July. This means the peer production and work issue, JoPP 10, will be released at the end of the year.*

The revised schedule for JoPP 10 peer review is as follows:
Papers sent out for review: 20 March 2016
Reviews to authors: 30 April 2016
Revised papers: 30 June 2016
Signals due: 30 August 2016
Issue release: December 2016 / January 2017

We will be contacting reviewers in the next day or so.

cheers,

Mathieu and Stefano

*This also means we need to lock in JoPP 11 (urbanism? Panos?)