[JoPP-Public] Update: JoPP Special Issue on "Feminism and (un)Hacking"

Shaowen Bardzell selu at indiana.edu
Sun Sep 28 20:21:15 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am writing to update you all on the special issue of "Feminism and
(un)Hacking" for the Journal of Peer Production:

(1) The special issue is co-edited by Shaowen Bardzell (Indiana University,
USA), Lilly Nguyen (UC-Irvine, USA), and Sophie Toupin (McGill University,
Canada).

(2) It's our understanding after chatting with Mathieu and Johan that the
CFP for the special issue (http://peerproduction.net/feminism-and-unhacking/)
received the most abstracts in the history of JoPP, and we are very excited
about the response from the community.

(3) The author notifications for the abstracts were sent out over the
weekend.

(4) For the authors who have been invited to write the full papers, the
deadline for submission is January 31, 2015.

(5) The deadlines for the two rounds of peer reviews are scheduled in mid
March and mid May of 2015. Each paper will receive 3 reviews in each round.

(6) The special issue is tentatively scheduled for publication in July of
2015.

(7) If you wish to contact the special issue editors, you can reach us by
writing to the "femhack at peerproduction.net" email alias.

That's it for now, and let us know if you have any questions!

Best,
Shaowen (on behalf of Lilly and Sophie)

--
Shaowen Bardzell, Ph.D.
The Cultural Research in Technology (CRIT) Group

Associate Professor of Informatics
Affiliated Faculty of the Kinsey Institute
Indiana University--Bloomington