[JoPP-Public] JoPP + FSCONS Conference

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 03:21:38 CEST 2014

Cool idea, Johan, when is this happening exactly can we have some more
info? What themes would the panel explore? Would it be limited to the
empirical stuff?

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Christian Siefkes <christian at siefkes.net>wrote:

> Hi Johan and all,
>
> On 04/07/2014 09:20 AM, Johan Söderberg wrote:
> > I am probing the terrain for organising a JoPP-conference together with
> > FSCONS (Free Software Conference and Nordic Summit). FSCONS is a yearly
> > event with 200-300 participants, and with a strong track record of mixing
> > technical presentations with visionary and political debates about all
> > things relating to hacking. It is as close as one gets in the lineage of
> > Oekonux-conference series. The idea is that we co-organise a JoPP-track
> in
> > connection with FSCONS, which would give us an occasion to meet
> physically
> > and make our journal known among an audience of socially-politically
> > interested tech-geeks. Let me know if you would like to come and/or to
> > present. If there is a reasonable amount of interest, I proceed with the
> > planning of our part of the event.
>
> I went to FSCONS once (we met there) and enjoyed it a lot, one of the best
> conferences I've ever been! I'd like to make it to Göteborg again and if
> there is a JoPP track that'll certainly increase my inclination even
> further. Can't promise anything definitive though, since funding is a
> problem for me (I'm not attached to a university or such that could pay for
> flights).
>
> Best regards
>         Christian
>
> --
> |--------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian at siefkes.net ---------
> | Homepage:   http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog:
> http://www.keimform.de/
> | Wie Produktion zur Nebensache wurde:
> www.keimform.de/2013/freie-quellen-1/
> | Why Production No Longer Worries Us:
> www.keimform.de/2013/free-sources-1/
> |------------------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
> Early to rise and early to bed,
> makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.

<http://www.routledge.com/books/search/keywords/karatzogianni/>
Dr Athina Karatzogianni<http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/socsci/staff/academic-staff/karatzogianni,-athina.aspx>
Senior Lecturer in New Media and Political Communication
Director of Media at Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The University of Hull
United Kingdom