[JoPP-Public] JoPP + FSCONS Conference

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Wed Apr 9 21:36:18 CEST 2014

Hi Johan and all,

On 04/07/2014 09:20 AM, Johan Söderberg wrote:
> I am probing the terrain for organising a JoPP-conference together with
> FSCONS (Free Software Conference and Nordic Summit). FSCONS is a yearly
> event with 200-300 participants, and with a strong track record of mixing
> technical presentations with visionary and political debates about all
> things relating to hacking. It is as close as one gets in the lineage of
> Oekonux-conference series. The idea is that we co-organise a JoPP-track in
> connection with FSCONS, which would give us an occasion to meet physically
> and make our journal known among an audience of socially-politically
> interested tech-geeks. Let me know if you would like to come and/or to
> present. If there is a reasonable amount of interest, I proceed with the
> planning of our part of the event.

I went to FSCONS once (we met there) and enjoyed it a lot, one of the best
conferences I've ever been! I'd like to make it to Göteborg again and if
there is a JoPP track that'll certainly increase my inclination even
further. Can't promise anything definitive though, since funding is a
problem for me (I'm not attached to a university or such that could pay for
flights).

Best regards
	Christian

--