[JoPP-Public] open access journals

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 24 19:16:27 CET 2013

Hi all

As everyone is aware there has been a renewed focus on open access following the suicide of activist A. Swartz. A lot of US academics are now committing to only publishing in open access journals.
For example see the following extract from a blog post:

What I haven’t seen so far is research communities putting together a list of Open Access journals to focus their publication efforts on. If enough of us show preference for or entirely restrict our publishing efforts to open access journals then this could shift the balance of prestige as well. Imagine if open access journals were the venues for the very best, most novel, most methodologically sound and innovative, most well expressed work by virtue of the intense competition to get published in them?
http://ethnographymatters.net/2013/01/17/goopenaccess-for-the-ethnography-matters-community/

Maybe we could put such as list together and include it on the site as a resource?

Just a thought,

cheers

Mathieu