[JoPP-Public] Re : Re: Journal Website

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:41:32 CET 2012

hi all

the suggestions sound fine by me, to be honest (and maybe i woke up wrong
side of the bed)
i am very interested in the academic side of things, and find the nitty
gritty stylistic web issues
a bit tiresome. i d rather spend time organising new issues and reviewing
and publishing as much as possible
good stuff for the journal.

i know this had to be done twice now because of the move, but yeah i am
happy with whatever stylistically on web page and functionality as long as
people can access well. its more important for me the substance, what we
publish. i d be happier to discuss that, if there is anything i can do to
help for the next issue (dont know where we are with it) and I can
definitely help more there.

cheers

athina

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>wrote:

> Hi Franco, Athina, all
>
> OK, I've had a think and I reckon there are a number of points to discuss.
> (=> proposed actions.)
>
> § Homepage:
> This page has a menu-bar at the bottom with the different categories
> (research, debate, section).
> We dont really need this any more as we are not grouping articles in this
> way.
>
> => I can't modify this as this page appears to be blocked. Can you help? -
> thanks.
>

> § About:
> -"Mission statement" should probably be renamed "Submission" as the
> mission statement part is already on the first page and there is a lot more
> content to be added which details the kind of submissions (research,
> debate, etc) which we are interested.
> -There is a page called "Participate" which should probably be renamed
> "Mailing lists" like this one: <http://cspp.oekonux.org/about/mailing-list
> >
> This could also include a link to the still active jox cspp list.
>
> => Does everyone agree? I can't modify this either as all these page
> appear to be blocked. Can you help? - thanks.
>

> § Research section:
> As you can see from say <
> http://cspp.oekonux.org/research/mass-peer-activism/rs1.1-swedish-file-sharing>, research
> articles have a lot of different files - there is a summary, the pdf of the
> paper, the pdf of final signals, and pdfs of backrgound material (the
> original submissions and reviews). The way it was set up in Plone was by
> having different pages for all these pdfs but it might be easier (if
> possible) to have them all on one page.
>
> => What do you think?
>

> § Structure:
> I do need to return to the importance of having a page which gives a
> reasonably detailed summary of the content of each issue as FM does. Athina
> on this list and Francesca privately also agreed that this is necessary. So
> instead of the current content of the "Issue 0" page (which should in fact
> be the "Editorial") we should have something like:
>
> Issue 0: Mass Peer Activism
>
> Editorial
>
> Research: Mass peer activism
> Jonas Andersson, "The origins and impacts of Swedish filesharing: A Case
> study".
> Mathieu O'Neil, "The Sociology of Critique in Wikipedia".
>
> Debate: ANT and power
> Johan Söderberg, "ANT & Hegelian Marxism".
> Nathaniel Tkacz, "In defence of ANT".
> Mathieu O'Neil, "Domination & networks".
>
> Reports
> Johanna Niesyto & Nathaniel Tkacz, "Critical Point of View".
> Leonhard Dobusch & Michelle Thorne, "Third Free Culture Research
> Conference".
>
> => I am happy to do this, if you are OK with it. I realise that there are
> some smaller menus in sidebars on "Home" and the current version of
> "Research" but once again these only have section titles or article titles
> [...]

<http://www.routledge.com/books/search/keywords/karatzogianni/>
Dr Athina Karatzogianni<http://www2.hull.ac.uk/FASS/humanities/media,_culture_and_society/staff/karatzogianni,_dr_athina.aspx>
Senior Lecturer in New Media and Political Communication
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The University of Hull
United Kingdom
HU6 7RX