[JoPP-Public] Re : Re: Journal Website

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 9 12:19:55 CET 2012

Hi Franco, all

First, thanks again to Franco for stepping up and helping us. He has done a great job. My concern with the current layout is that people will not get a sense of who has done what until they are on an article page.

We experimented with the division in three parts - research, debate, reports - on the cspp site and agreed that it was not satisfactory because it gets confusing once you start piling issue upon issue - so a page clearly listing table of contents for each issue (showing for example sections, authors, editors, facilitators etc) following, or closely related to the First Monday model, is pretty important in my view. Alessandro raised this point a few weeks ago as well.

What do others think?

@Franco: is there a way to get to this?

We can discuss this offlist more in detail if people think this is too technical but I thought it important that these design issues are given a public hearing as they tend to be hard to change later.

cheers

Mathieu

--
****