[JoPP-Public] JoPP / Statistical Studies of Peer Production [was: Re: Publicity (was: Re: JoPP-Public Digest, Vol 6, Issue 8)]

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:27:51 CEST 2012

Why not? Building relationships and collaborations is what these efforts
aim to do, so if you need my input, it d be a happy coexistence if surveys
are equally happy with that.
Back to writing lol any excuse to not to

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>wrote:

> Hi Jarkko
>
> Re. publicity of your project we can do either a self-presentation text or
> an email interview, along the direction outlined below. Then we can feature
> it in a next release of the journal.
>
> We also need to sort out the relationship between the two projects as
> otherwise there will be more confusion.
>
> Since "peerproduction.net" is the Journal of Peer Production (JoPP)
> domain, and since your "surveys.peerproduction.net" project is part of
> this domain, by definition we are hosting you.
>
> So perhaps we could have on the JoPP frontpage a new menu called
> "projects" that would list (and link to) external projects such as yours
> which are aligned with the general direction of the journal, though have
> their own autonomy and intent.
>

> What do others think?
>
> cheers
>
> Mathieu
>
> On 08/29/12, *Jarkko Moilanen * <jarkko.moilanen at uta.fi> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm returning to this discussion.
>
> ma, 2012-08-20 kello 15:26 +0200, Mathieu ONeil kirjoitti:
>
> > Hi Jarkko, all
> >
> > First your project sounds v. interesting, maybe we could feature an
> > interview or a self-description of your background, goals, results,
> > hopes etc in a future issue of JoPP?
> >

> This would be great. Any publicity would be good for my research. How do
> do want to proceed?
>
> /Jarkko
>
> > Second it appears that because this fellow S. Murphey [who made the
> > video on 3D printing mentioned below] confused your project
> > Statistical Studies of Peer Production
> > [http://surveys.peerproduction.net] with our own Journal of Peer
> > Production [http://peerproduction.net] we are now being credited with
> > your work.
> >
> > See this piece as a recent ex. but its all over the web.
> > http://boingboing.net/2012/08/15/visualzing-3d-printing-statist.html
> >
> > I think one of us should ask S. Murphey to correct his error.
> >
> > Maybe we should also include a sentence in the description of our
> > respective projects explaining that we are not the other?
> >
> > What do others think?
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Mathieu
> >
> > On 07/24/12, jarkko moilanen <jarkko.moilanen at uta.fi> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > interesting.
> > > >

> > > This is awesome for us who develop and maintain Statistical Studies
> > > of
> > > Peer Production (http://surveys.peerproduction.net/) site since this
> > > video is made out of results gathered by our toolset/survey :). The
> > > original survey with results are at:
> > > http://surveys.peerproduction.net/2012/05/manufacturing-in-motion/
> > >
> > > Thanks for sharing this, I'll add this to comments in the article.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > /Jarkko

> --
>
> Jarkko Moilanen, M.Soc.Sc
> PhD Candidate
> [...]

<http://www.routledge.com/books/search/keywords/karatzogianni/>
Dr Athina Karatzogianni<http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/socsci/staff/academic-staff/karatzogianni,-athina.aspx>
Senior Lecturer in New Media and Political Communication
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The University of Hull
United Kingdom
HU6 7RX