[JoPP-Public] JoPP / Statistical Studies of Peer Production [was: Re: Publicity

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Mon Aug 20 16:05:31 CEST 2012

Hi Mathieu, all,

On 08/20/2012 03:26 PM, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
> First your project sounds v. interesting, maybe we could feature an
> interview or a self-description of your background, goals, results, hopes
> etc in a future issue of JoPP?
>
> Second it appears that because this fellow S. Murphey [who made the video on
> 3D printing mentioned below] confused your project Statistical Studies of
> Peer Production [http://surveys.peerproduction.net] with our own Journal of
> Peer Production [http://peerproduction.net] we are now being credited with
> your work.
>
> See this piece as a recent ex. but its all over the web.
> http://boingboing.net/2012/08/15/visualzing-3d-printing-statist.html
>
> I think one of us should ask S. Murphey to correct his error.

well, since surveys.peerproduction.net is a subdomain of peerproduction.net,
that's a reasonably enough conclusion (I thought the same, though I was a
bit surprised that nobody had mentioned the survey here). If the survey is
NOT a subproject of the journal, how did it end up on the journal's domain??

Best regards
	Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christian at siefkes.net -------