[JoPP-Public] JoPP / Statistical Studies of Peer Production [was: Re: Publicity (was: Re: JoPP-Public Digest, Vol 6, Issue 8)]

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 20 15:26:59 CEST 2012

Hi Jarkko, all

First your project sounds v. interesting, maybe we could feature
an interview or a self-description of your background, goals, results,
hopes etc in a future issue of JoPP?

Second it appears that because this fellow S. Murphey [who made the video on 3D printing mentioned below] confused your project Statistical Studies of Peer Production [http://surveys.peerproduction.net] with our own Journal of Peer Production [http://peerproduction.net] we are now being credited with your work.

See this piece as a recent ex. but its all over the web.
http://boingboing.net/2012/08/15/visualzing-3d-printing-statist.html

I think one of us should ask S. Murphey to correct his error.

Maybe we should also include a sentence in the description of our respective projects explaining that we are not the other?

What do others think?

cheers

Mathieu