[JoPP-Public] Re : Re : JoPP website

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:05:42 CEST 2012

hi mathieu

its very easy to find links for people, i can do that and email you the
links
about ISBN, i can have a look and report back on what we need in order to
do that and take it from there

cheers

AK

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>wrote:

> ps. Forgot to mention that "lists" should have info on how to join this
> list as well as links to this list archive and the jox-list archive.
>
> Le 04/04/12, *Mathieu ONeil * <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au> a écrit :
>
> Hi Athina, all
>
> Thanks for comments, fastresponses below
>
> Le 04/04/12, *Athina Karatzogianni * <athina.k at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> -on about/mission statement page there is at the bottom *Please use the
> contact form to get in touch*. I cant seem to find that form or even any
> email of someone to be contacted in the whole site. If that is deliberate,
> is there a reason?
>

> No, we simply have not set it up yet.
>
> -perhaps in the people page there could be for editors at least some links
> to pages and definitely an email they can be contacted?
>
> Sure, in fact everyone should have a URL to a page where there are papers
> / info... maybe one of the editors can volunteer to gather all the URLs
> from others?
>
> Another job that is looming is to get the journal properly referenced -
> first obtain an ISBN number (I can do that part if needed) then listed in
> various databases and search engines (I have some suggestions)... a
> volunteer for that will also be needed...
>
> For memory, here is the current editor workload
>
> Mathieu: setting up the new site with Franco, editing next issue to be
> released in june 2012
> Johan: editing bio/hardware issue with Alessandro to be released in
> december 2012
> Maurizio: editing floss issue to be released in june 2013
>
> This means Athina, George M. and Nate are not directly responsible for
> anything right now.
> If two of them could volunteer for either / both of the above it would be
> a good thing in my view
>

> i know people can find this stuff these days, but why not make it easier,
> it looks a pretty empty page like this
>
> -on the about page/lists, what are these lists for?
> -peer review is empty, and its one of the critical differences with other
> journals...
>
> I tried to create two pages = one for "process" (explaining peer review)
> and one for "current" (listing current subs, author, title, abstract,
> status) but did not manage to do it
>
> -on news page there is a hallo world post maybe it should be removed...
>
> The question is do we need "news" as well as "special issues"? are there
> news apart from special issue...?
>
> -shouldnt the special issues call at home page be also in special issues
> page?
>
> Yes, and see above...
>

> @Franco: could you please help with the contact form (aimed at an email
> address for editors?) and with the "process" and "current" submenus for
> "peer review" - thanks v. much!
>
> cheers
> Mathieu
>

> my two pennies worth, sorry i only now with easter break had time to look
> at this

> [...]

<http://www.routledge.com/books/search/keywords/karatzogianni/>
Dr Athina Karatzogianni<http://www2.hull.ac.uk/FASS/humanities/media,_culture_and_society/staff/karatzogianni,_dr_athina.aspx>
Senior Lecturer in New Media and Political Communication
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The University of Hull
United Kingdom
HU6 7RX