Differences in evil-search-module
frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Fri Jun 3 09:33:08 CEST 2016
The evil search module has several features of Vim that are not
available in the isearch module, for instance
- regular expressions are translated from Vim format to Emacs format
(this is not perfect but works reasonably well).
- magic characters via \v or \V
- more configuration options (variables starting with evil-ex-search-*)
- it's traditional minibuffer, so can freely move point around
- additional key bindings as Gordon said
In general the evil search module is closer to Vim, the isearch module
is, well, Emacs. Which one is preferable depends on you. Evil search is
hand-written and probably less reliable, whereas isearch is a very
mature Emacs package.
More information about the implementations-list