About evil-ace-jump-char-mode

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Thu Jan 22 10:11:15 CET 2015

Am 22.01.2015 um 09:09 schrieb Chao Lu:
> Dear list,
>
> I'm trying to use evil-ace-jump-char-mode by:
> (evil-leader/set-key "," 'evil-ace-jump-word-mode) ; ,, for Ace Jump (word)
> (evil-leader/set-key "l" 'evil-ace-jump-line-mode) ; ,l for Ace Jump (line)
>
> However, this seems not to be working with errors like:
>
> let: Wrong type argument: commandp, ace-jump-word-mode
>
> So I went into evil-integration.el and found indeed this is not a
> interactive function.

evil-ace-jump-word-mode *is* an interactive function, because it is
defined by `evil-define-motion`. However, your error message tells you
that `ace-jump-word-mode` (note the missing 'evil-') is not an
interactive function. Did you install and load the ace-jump package
properly? (i.e. check with `C-h f ace-jump-word-mode RET` if this
function is defined at all).