cannot bind evil-next-visual-line for selection mode

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jan 13 09:57:59 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to configure evil to use `evil-next-visual-line' by default
when I hit the 's' key. It works well in normal mode, but I cannot get
it to work in visual mode.

This is what I have in my configuration:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(define-key evil-motion-state-map "s" 'evil-next-visual-line)
(define-key evil-normal-state-map "s" 'evil-next-visual-line)
#+end_src

To reproduce, take a file with a long line, enter visual-line-mode, go
into visual mode and hit 's': the selection extends to the next line
instead of the next visual line.

I tried adding

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(define-key evil-visual-state-map "s" 'evil-next-visual-line)
#+end_src

but it still does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7