What is the best way to rebind common keys?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Sep 23 19:29:11 CEST 2014

Hello,

I used evil a while back, but I stopped since the physical key positions
were not practical (I was using a dvorak layout then). I would like to
give evil a second try, but this time choosing my own keybindings
adapted to my current layout (bépo).

I thus have two questions.

1. Is there a summary of the default evil bindings, and the functions to
which they are bound?
2. What is the recommended way to change bindings? I looked at
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Evil and it seems I could simply do
a "(define-key evil-normal-state-map … …)". Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7