[Bug?] Evil does not activate when loaded via customize

Trevor Murphy trevor.m.murphy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:15:03 CET 2014

Hi, list!

I'm perverse and want to install Evil via package.el and load it
via customize.  I notice that Evil does not turn on at startup
when I customize evil-mode to t.  I still have to explicitly call
(evil-mode 1) in my init-file.

Is this known behavior?  If so, is it a bug?  If so, can I fix it
somehow?

Note: I know the documentation explicitly tells me to install Evil
like so:
      (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/evil")
      (require 'evil)
      (evil-mode 1)
As said, I'm just being perverse.  Thanks for any pointers!
--
Trevor Murphy, ASA, MAAA
GnuPG Key: 0x83881C0A