Different behavior between g* and *

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 12:03:14 CET 2014

Hi,

I noticed there is difference between '*' and 'g*', especially when
modes are involved. For example, in c-mode when I hit '*' above some
variable like 'sample_variable', only 'sample' gets highlighted and
searched.

However, with 'g*' 'sample_variable' is correctly highlighted.Similar
behavior is in lisp-like modes and cases like 'sample-variable'.

Is this expected behavior? Just checked vim behavior, and in
both cases full variable name is highlighted and searched.

Thanks,
Sanel