Last character in visual selection remains unhighlighted

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Thu Feb 6 20:47:43 CET 2014

Am 06.02.2014 07:18, schrieb Leo Alekseyev:
> Hi all,
> It seems that a lot of the time, visual selection for me is visually off by
> one character.  For example, consider the following line, with the cursor
> at BOL.
>
> (123)
>
> If I issue commands like "vf)", "v%", I end with the closing paren under
> the cursor, but the visual mark will NOT include the closing paren, and
> will only include the first 3 characters, "(123".  Now, it is important to
> note that if I then try to yank the selection, the yanked region is exactly
> what it should be, i.e. it will include the closing paren.  As such, this
> defect for me is purely cosmetic, but a little annoying.  Is this a known
> issue?

No.

> Is it possible there is some misconfiguration on my part?

Maybe, hard to say. The best you can do is to provide a minimal example
to reproduce the problem (e.g. type 'make clean emacs' in Evil's source
directory to start a fresh Emacs with nothing loaded but Evil and then
some key-sequence to demonstrate the problem). And do not forget to tell
us the Emacs version, Evil version, whether you use Evil in X or in
terminal and so on.

Best regards,