Last character in visual selection remains unhighlighted

Leo Alekseyev dnquark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:18:44 CET 2014

Hi all,
It seems that a lot of the time, visual selection for me is visually off by
one character.  For example, consider the following line, with the cursor
at BOL.

(123)

If I issue commands like "vf)", "v%", I end with the closing paren under
the cursor, but the visual mark will NOT include the closing paren, and
will only include the first 3 characters, "(123".  Now, it is important to
note that if I then try to yank the selection, the yanked region is exactly
what it should be, i.e. it will include the closing paren.  As such, this
defect for me is purely cosmetic, but a little annoying.  Is this a known
issue?  Is it possible there is some misconfiguration on my part?

Thanks,

--Leo