Strange effect when delete, then inserting a region

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Sat Mar 30 18:30:49 CET 2013

On 2013-03-30, Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Using evil mode I do the following:
>
> 1. I mark a couple of lines using V, then delete it using d (which is
> evil-delete).
>
> 2. Now when inserting this anywhere else using p or P I get this:
>
> p\310^V^A
>

> When I do not delete the original lines, i.e. I do y (evil-yank) then
> this does not happen.
>

> Anybody having an idea what's going wrong?

No. It should work and because it is a very common command it seems to
work for others.

Please provide a minimal example how to reproduce this problem. Start
with a clean emacs instance with nothing loaded but evil (simply run
`make emacs` or `make term` in evil's source directory). Then provide
some keystrokes that demonstrate the problem. If you succeed in
providing an example, please consider submitting a bug report [1].

Best regards,
Frank

[1]  https://bitbucket.org/lyro/evil/