[evil-mode] C-[ not being captured

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Mon Mar 25 20:39:44 CET 2013

On 2013-03-25, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using Emacs on OSX (GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS
> apple-appkit-1038.36)), with evil-mode. I'm having an issue with the "C-["
> combo for ESC. On Emacs 23, it used to work fine, and exit from insert mode
> correctly when I was using evil. On 24, it just doesn't do anything.
>
> Any hints on why it's not working ?

This has been raised multiple times now. It's only a configuration
option: just set `evil-intercept-esc` to 'always.

I didn't realise that so many people really use C-[ (this would be a
nightmare on German keyboards, so sorry for being so ignorant in this
respect).

Anyway, because of these multiple requests I've just changed the
default value of `evil-intercept-esc` to 'always. Just update to the
latest revision and everything should work.

Let's hope this does not cause other problems ... but I least there
should be enough people testing this, now ;)

Best regards,