bug in evil-default-cursor with function value?

Michael Markert markert.michael at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:25:33 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 20 2013 (14:53), Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> Michael Markert <markert.michael at gmail.com> writes:
[16 lines snipped]

>> I think a variable that specifies that state-cursors should not override
>> the default cursor would fix it. I don't share your concerns as missing
>> values just mean that it won't be changed.
>
> Instead of adding a new variable right away we should consider what's
> the current state of affairs. I guess that the original intent of
> evil-default-cursor was to provide a base and apply further
> customizations (for the cases they are defined) onto it.
>
> IMHO, what is needed is a variable that takes complete responsibility of
> cursor setting. Such variable would contain a function. Default value
> would be something like evil-refresh-cursor.

`evil-default-cursor' would/could be such a function with a variable to
ignore state cursors.

I don't think it would be helpful to move that to a more complex
function like `evil-refresh-cursor'. And then you end up with two such
functions.

Another approach would be to make the changing of the state cursor
variables easier but that would be less dynamic -- maybe someone builds
upon `evil-default-cursor' being so dynamic.

Michael