bug in evil-default-cursor with function value?

Michael Markert markert.michael at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:55:59 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 20 2013 (13:39), Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> For setting the color and shape of the cursor I wrote this code:

[14 lines snipped]

> The color is correctly updated, but not the shape: apparently it still
> uses the default shapes (box for normal, bar for insert, etc).

No it does not, problematic are only the insert, replace and operator
states. But for that I can confirm.

All those states have a `:cursor` spec and that seems to override the
default as you found:

> Looking at evil-refresh-cursor I see that it ends with
>
>         (evil-set-cursor default)
>         (evil-set-cursor cursor)
>
> The second call to evil-set-cursor seems to override the first one,
> where the value obtained from evil-default-cursor is used.

> I see no easy fix for that, because `default' might contain shape and
> color, or only one of those, or nil (because evil-default-cursor
> contains a function that does all the job.)

I think a variable that specifies that state-cursors should not override
the default cursor would fix it. I don't share your concerns as missing
values just mean that it won't be changed.

Michael