Strange visual selection in scheme mode

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Wed Jan 2 20:10:14 CET 2013

On 2012-12-21, Sanel Zukan <sanelz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm have odd behavior inside visual selection (actually when is going to
> be made comment block). In attachment is offending file.
>
> To reproduce it, open it, got to beginning, hit CTRL-V and start to go
> down (using down button). Now, the cursor will be stuck in line before
> '(define (coroutine-maker proc)...' I'm not sure what is happening with
> just that line, but if you skip it, selection will work without problems.

Hm, I can't reproduce that (the cursor never stucks in that line).
Though, there were some bugs in the highlighting code. They caused
evil to highlight a wrong region sometimes. In particular, TAB
characters caused some trouble because then not all visual positions
are possible positions of (point) and the visible region has to take
care of this.

Anyhow, I commited some changes to the block highlighting code and to
the code that executes commands on a block. Now the visual selection
should match exactly the region that a command would work on.

Maybe these changes fix your problem, too. It would be nice if you
could check this. If the problem remains, we have to investigate
further ...

Ah, and happy new year everyone!
Frank

Btw, I think 1.0 could be release in the next days. At least, there are
no pending issues left that really should go into 1.0, IMHO.