M- commands no longer pass through

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 09:07:42 CET 2013

Hello,

in the past week sometime, give or take, the default behaviour of evil
seems to have change with respect to any key bindings *not* in the
standard (normal, insert) maps.  I first noticed this when trying to
type M-q while writing; this key is globally bound to
maybe-fill-paragraph, my own function.  Now even M-x doesn't work.  I have
to switch to emacs mode first.

The annoying thing is that C-h c M-q says

  M-q runs the command maybe-fill-paragraph

but hitting M-q gives

  M-q is undefined

Similar behaviour is observed for M-x, M-; and M-:, all of which are
quite hard-coded into my emacs fingers and have no immediate evil
equivalents in any case...

Is there a change in the default configuration I have missed?  I have
gone through the git log but haven't noticed anything specific.  I am
using evil version 1.0-dev.  Is there a variable I can tweak to allow
these keystrokes to go through?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.6 + evil 1.0-dev