[ANN] evil 1.0.0 Released

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Tue Feb 12 20:49:56 CET 2013

On 2013-02-12, Sanel Zukan <sanelz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have any specific plan for marketing or we (rest of the folks
> on this list) could put this announce on various online media?

I've never thought about something like this. Feel free to announce
whereever you think it's appropriate ;)

> Btw. I'm planning for some time to start working on ':set'
> implementation, where things could be configured as in Vi/Vim.
> What do you think about it; have you planned
> similar feature

No.

> or, after all, are you interested in those patches?

Sure. But I think it could be quite challenging depending on what you
want to achieve. Simply make :set VAR=VALUE an alternative to (setq
VAR VALUE) should not be too difficult. But this would only work for
Emacs variables. If you want give appropriate mappings of Vim variable
names to Emacs settings, then this is probably much more difficult. In
particular, because not every Vim setting has a direct counterpart but
may need several adjustments. But I think it would be a nice feature
to have ... ;)

Best regards