evil, agenda, list of all todo items (basic question)

Andrew Forrester awforrester at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 07:58:25 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

Question: (background below) I'm using Evil in Emacs Org Mode, and I'm
having trouble in trying to do something simple in the agenda.  I type ";a"
to enter the agenda, then I type "t" to filter my file into just the
non-finished todo items, but it doesn't filter and instead gives me some
kind of status buffer or something that I can't figure out (see below).
 I've tried typing various things that it seems to be suggesting, including
("N", "r", "N r"), but it still doesn't do the trick.  I've also done some
googling and manual searching, without success yet.  What am I doing wrong?

What I see when I try to filter my file to see a list of non-finished todo
items:
* DONE text
* PROJ A title for a multi-step item.         :@computer:...
* TODO Say hello.
* NEXT Buy socks.
* Not a todo item.

-UU-:----F1  test.org       All L1    <N>   (Org Ind EvilOrg)
Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
Available with `N r': (0)[ALL]

Background: I'm new to Emacs, Vim, and Org Mode, but I decided I wanted Vim
keystrokes and Org Mode for organization.  So it looks like my best options
are Evil or VimOrganizer.  I'm trying Evil right now, but I'm having
trouble figuring out how to do basic things.

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Andrew