Insert mode - point doesn't move to next line

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:22:47 CET 2012

The problem is still occurring even in the emacs that pops up to run
the tests. But it's pretty odd. I edebugged evil-ret, I can see that
it correctly moves point to the next line, but just after the function
returns point moves right back to beginning the first line so the
problem isn't evil-ret.

I was able to reproduce the problem by replacing step 4 with `M-x
newline`. However this problem does not occur if I move to emacs-mode
temporarily and hit return. Does evil-ret somehow change a global
variable that `newline` depends on?

-deech