Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "\"Domaine\": pattern not found")

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Thu Nov 1 09:13:36 CET 2012

On 2012-10-19, Guido Van Hoecke <guivho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Operating steps:
>
> 1) /Domaine <enter>
> 2) c f e Champ <enter>
> 3) n
> 4) .
> 5) n
>
> And if the pattern is no longer found, I get a new window with this
> debugger message:
>
> [...]
>
> How can I just get a message in the mini-buffer?
>
> I failed to find a variable that I can set to control this behavior.

Hm, this should not happen. In particular, the debugger should not
step in, unless the variables `debug-on-error' and/or
`debug-on-signal' are set to a non-nil value.

Can you please provide a minimal example (buffer content, keystrokes)
starting with `make emacs' or `make term' from evil's source? And
please tell us which search-module you use (i.e. the value of
`evil-search-module' -- from the error message I assume it's the
isearch module).