Why I stopped using viper, and am going to stop using Evil

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:43:12 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Christoph LANGE <langec at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> my 2 cents, well, maybe 10 cents, on your mail.
>
> In short: Thanks for sharing your experience!  Mine is quite different
> though.

>> In short: it is easier to use one editor at a time.
>
> In contrast to your experience, I appreciate to be able to use two
> editors at a time, and only Evil gives me the opportunity to do so.

My perspective is different, too. I've never really used Vim, so
differences between Vim and Emacs don't really cause any headaches for
me. Evil works smoothly for what I do. I might be tempted to try Vim,
but I like Org-mode and ESS (with R) too much. I came to modal
operation by way of using vimperator then pentadactyl in Firefox.

- Tom