Cannot get initial state to evil in BSelect mode

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 23 12:06:48 CET 2012

Hello,

I use reftex when doing LaTeX, and one very nice thing is the way it deals with bibliographic entries. Unfortunately, when I want to select a bib entry, I'm by default in normal mode. Looking at the mode line, I see the current mode is "BSelect", so I tried adding this to my .emacs:
(evil-set-initial-state 'bselect-mode 'emacs)

I must be doing something wrong as it does not trigger.

What should I do to be in emacs mode by default in a BSelect buffer?

Thanks,

Alan