Evil for Emacs users

Matt Armstrong gmatta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:17:55 CET 2012

I find Evil suffers from some of the same problems as viper does:

1) Discoverability.  In Emacs C-h b is useful.  In vim, :help is wonderful.
 What does Evil give me that informs me what I can actually type?
 Referring to vim docs only goes so far.  For example, typing d C-h doesn't
bring up what I can then type (iw, or whatever).

2) How do I fix my problem?  viper and Evil suffer from the same thing: a
low-adoption alternative.  There will always be a foo-mode out there that
doesn't work well.  What are the common problems and how do I fix them?

I'm an elisp idiot.  I get by on copy/paste from others.