A couple of questions

Keshav Kini keshav.kini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:09:10 CET 2012

José A. Romero L. <escherdragon at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Frank Fischer
> <frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>> kill-buffer would not only close the window but also close the file
>> and this is not what :q should do. :q in evil closes the current
>> window or the current frame (if only one window) or Emacs completely
>> (if only one frame), without closing any file (except in last case, of
>> course). :qa on the other hand closes Emacs completely (possibly
>> asking for saving modified buffers). I think this is equivalent to
>> Vim's behavior.
> (...)
>
> I don't know why, but I could never get used to the way Vi's :q works
> on Emacs. I just doesn't feel right (that is, to me -- it's a
> completely personal thing, I suppose). Fortunately C-x k [RET] is
> exactly the same number of keystrokes ;-)

Maybe it is because of what I said above, namely that emacs buffers feel
more like vim tabs than the kind of multi-file editing that uses :next
and :prev, whatever that is called.

Frank: I will set the customization variable manually before the
(require 'evil) line for now and await the fixing of this bug you
identified :) Thanks!

-Keshav