A couple of questions

Keshav Kini keshav.kini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:03:07 CET 2012

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for your great work on evil! I'm
really pleasantly surprised at how active your development is :) I'm a
vim user who is trying to learn emacs without losing the handy modal
editing of vim (as I imagine many others on this list are), and evil
seems to be exactly what I need.

I have a couple of questions. First, I am wondering if
evil-want-C-u-scroll is broken. I have set it to t using M-x
customize-group evil-mode, which causes (custom-set-variables
'(evil-want-C-u-scroll t)) to appear in my ~/.emacs , but I don't see
any difference in the behavior of evil. Is there something else I need
to do in order to make C-u call evil-scroll-up (as C-h k C-d tells me
that C-d is bound to evil-scroll-down)?

Second, I am wondering about the behavior of :q . It seems to me that it
behaves more like :qa does in vim. According to vim documentation,
:q[uit] should "Quit the current window.  Quit Vim if this is the last
window.". So I guess it should be similar to kill-buffer in emacs, no?

Thanks again!

-Keshav