Help implementing "jk" in Vim-Mode

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:11:11 CEST 2011

On 28 Sep 2011, Dominic Savoie wrote:

> Hi, as a emacs newbie, I can't thank you enough for the awesome
> vim-mode.

Well, `vim-mode' is dead, long live `evil':

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Evil

Here's `jk' as ESC in evil:

https://github.com/cofi/dotfiles/blob/master/emacs.d/cofi-evil.el#L25

> While trying to configure it, I've come across a problem though:
>
> bind "jk" in insert mode to leave insert mode. Here's what I've came
> up with:
>
> (vim:imap "jk" 'vim:insert-mode-exit)
>
> It 'almost' works. The problem is I can't use 'j' anymore. For
> instance, in insert-mode, if I write, 'jo' it will say: 'j o is
> undefined'.

Seems to me (I never used vim-mode) that `vim:imap' is no "real" imap
but just a adaptation of emacs' keymaps, so there's no easy way.

Michael