Evil experiences

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:08:43 CEST 2011

On 14 Sep 2011, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> On 13 sept. 2011, at 22:32, Michael Markert wrote:
>
>>> (setq evil-emacs-state-cursor '("red" box))
>>
>> I use this for `evil-default-cursor':
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs_lisp
>> (defun cofi/evil-cursor ()
>>  "Change cursor color according to evil-state."
>>  (let ((default "OliveDrab4")
>>        (cursor-colors '((insert . "dark orange")
>>                         (emacs  . "sienna")
>>                         (visual . "white"))))
>>    (setq cursor-type (if (eq evil-state 'visual)
>>                          'hollow
>>                        'bar))
>>    (set-cursor-color (def-assoc evil-state cursor-colors default))))
>> #+end_src
>
> Hello,
>
> I've tried both of these (adding them to my .emacs), and I could make
> neither work. Is it because I'm on Aquamacs? Or because I'm using a
> color theme?

For my code this is missing (sorry):
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun def-assoc (key alist default)
  "Return cdr of `KEY' in `ALIST' or `DEFAULT' if key is no car in alist."
  (let ((match (assoc key alist)))
    (if match
        (cdr match)
      default)))
#+end_src emacs-lisp

Aquamacs could be a cause for this but I have no experience with
it. color themes are most probably not interfering as they do little
more than assigning faces themselves.

Michael