Evil experiences

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:26:49 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-09 15:45 +0200, York Zhao wrote:

>>> The only problem I'm having with binding "f" to "ace-jump-in-line"
>>> is that "cf<char>" and "df<char> do not work if there are more
>>> than one <char> in that line after or before the point in which
>>> case I have to type an additional "move key".

The problem is that `ace-jump-mode' is not a movement command, but
rather the first of a series of commands that read input from the
keyboard, moving point after a variable number of key presses.

The only solution I can think of is to enter a recursive editing level
when invoking the first command, and to exit the level after the last:

    (defadvice ace-jump-mode (after evil activate)
      (recursive-edit))

    (defadvice ace-jump-done (after evil activate)
      (exit-recursive-edit))

That way, they appear as a single command to Evil.

--
Vegard