window state

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Oct 21 13:55:23 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:26:25AM +0200, damien.thiriet77 wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have what might be a stupid question, but forgive me, I have only
> two month of vim practice (10 years emacs): how do I enter
> window-state? I read the whole evil-maps.el and couldn’t find the
> propper mapping. Is it with C-W? Using window-mode will free four
> f-keys that I remapped to split, unsplit and toggle windows, and
> they will be free for other shortcuts (f3 for escape states, f4 for
> C-c C-c in auctex and so on…

All window commands are available in evil-window-map which is bound
(in normal-state) to C-w. So if you bind, say, f3 to 'window-split in
evil-window-map then C-w f3 in normal-state will call 'window-split.

Note that there is no real window-state in the same sense as there is
normal-state, visual-state or insert-state. The key-bindings in
evil-window-map are just stored under the prefix C-w.

> Another question: what should I do to donate for evil project?

The most helpful things are bug reports, feature requests and so on.