Bug: extra character selected by triple-click

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 29 09:30:01 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 28 May 2011 09:59:38 -0700
schrieb Huy <list-vimpulse at reml.org>:

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 09:01:36AM -0700, Huy wrote:
> So even though it's nice that 'V' currently looks like gvim, the
> semantics should not change from emacs, even if that means we lose
> the ability to look like gvim.

This depends on who you ask. Many people want to have the
vim-emulation to be as close to vim as possible, because they
use both, vim and Emacs, and otherwise the commands your fingers are
used to in vim do not work in Emacs.

It is one goal of the evil project to get all visual regions compatible
to Emacs. This happens by modifying the visual region to have Emacs
semantics (in the case of linewise the cursor is moved to the next
line) right before executing a command. In theory, this should allow
all standard commands that work on the region to behave as expected.
But to be honest, there may always be some bad cases, although we hope
to cover 99% of them.

All mouse-clicking events should just (in evil) enable the
corresponding visual-modes (as this is case with vim and
vim-mode as well). So this should again be compatible with Emacs.