interference of vimpulse and noweb mode

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:11:41 CEST 2011

I edit a lot of Sweave documents.  Sweave is a noweb format that
embeds chunks of R code in Latex documents.  The R code is the
executed to produce figures for example.  Emacs has very neat support
for these documents and changes modes depending on where I am in the
document (latex-mode or ESS for chunks of R code).  However, when I
edit these documents with Vimpulse turned on, there are glitches when
I enter or exit chunks, i.e. when the mode is changed.  For example,
Vimpulse changes from insert mode to command mode when I enter a
chunk.  When I search for a word and land on a match inside a R chunk,
pressing "n" does not get me to the next match but inserts an n
although I'm not in insert mode.  Pressing "n" again gets me to the
next match.  Is anybody else having these problems?  Is there a fix?

  Titus