How do I paste in insert mode

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 10:46:38 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-01 18:44 +0200, York Zhao wrote:

> In our case here, the existing 'viper-escape-to-vi' function escapes
> to command mode but never comes back to insert mode again, thus, I
> don't think it can be binded directly to 'C-o'

It does come back to Insert state in my setup (Viper version 3.14
of November 22, 2008). Here is the docstring of `viper-escape-to-vi':

    Escape from Emacs state to Vi state for one Vi 1-character
    command. If the Vi command that the user types has a prefix
    argument, e.g., `d2w', then Vi's prefix argument will be used.
    Otherwise, the prefix argument passed to `viper-escape-to-vi'
    is used.

If I am in vi state and type "i C-o x e", then I enter Insert state,
delete the character under the cursor, and insert "e"; I remain in
Insert state.

--
Vegard