How do I paste in insert mode

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Sun May 1 18:44:50 CEST 2011

Hi Vegard,

Thanks for applying my patch.

While I was merging the master branch and my local branch I noticed that
your changes to "C-o" doesn't seem to be correct. "C-o" in Vim is supposed
to escape to command mode for only ONE command and then comes back to insert
mode. It is similar to 'r' command which enters inert mode to replace the
current char and returns back to command mode immediately. In our case here,
the existing 'viper-escape-to-vi' function escapes to command mode but never
comes back to insert mode again, thus, I don't think it can be binded
directly to 'C-o', and this is why I added the 'viper-escape-to-vi-state'
function which switches back to insert mode after one command. Plus,
depending on the setting of 'viper-ESC-moves-cursor-back', the cursor
position may need to be adjusted by '(viper-forward-char 1)' (even though
the 'vipre-ESC-moves-cursor-back' option itself doesn't work which is
another bug).

Thanks,

York

On 2011-04-26 18:30 +0200, York Zhao wrote:

> Please find attached my patches for three added features. Note that
> I have included Christoph Lange's "g; and g," as well.

Applied in commits c07634c, 32d845f and 1cd84be, with some small
adjustments. It turns out that Viper has an unbound command for
temporarily exiting to vi state, `viper-escape-to-vi', so I bound
that to "C-o" in Insert state.

--
Vegard