evil project status

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:38:21 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-17 01:23 +0200, Thomas Hisch wrote:

> What are your plans for evil in the next months and when do you
> think is it ready to replace vimpulse?

It's mostly miscellanea that remains. I'm currently implementing
blockwise text objects; then, there's registers, markers, macros,
and various commands, most of which can be lifted directly from
Vimpulse and vim-mode. There's also a few integration issues,
such as Visual insert and Visual repeat.

> unfortunately there are too few discussions on this ML about evil,
> or is there a seperate ML for it (i am only subscribed to this ML
> and I watch the gitosis repo)?

This is the mailing list to use, although we've tended to prefer the
Gitorious wiki for discussing technicalities. It is open to anyone
with a Gitorious account.

--
Vegard