Evil Mode

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:44:53 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-26 09:45 +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> If you want to add NERDTree-specific mappings to Dired mode, then
> by all means add them to your .emacs, but keep them out of Evil.

I agree. My only concern was any Dired commands that might have been
overwritten by the vi bindings for "h", "j", "k" and "l".

> If, however, there are clashes between Dired mappings and Evil
> movement mappings, then they need to be resolved and looking at
> NERDTree for suggestions might make sense in this case.

As it turns out, nothing important was bound to these keys,
with the exception of "l", which was bound to `dired-do-redisplay'.
The NERDTree key for refreshing the current directory is "r",
which is unbound in Dired, so it is a pretty good replacement.

--
Vegard