d$ and c$ should not delete empty lines

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:15:55 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-10 15:52 +0200, Max Mikhanosha wrote:

> In vi/vim when you press c$ or d$ on an empty line, it does not
> delete the line, but vimpulse.el does.

Thank you for bringing my attention to this subtle detail; it should
be fixed in commit a3a2fc1. I adjusted `viper-goto-eol' instead of
changing the behavior of inclusive ranges, since a Visual
characterwise selection (which is also based on inclusive ranges)
may very well include the newline of a blank line.

You should be using the Git version of Vimpulse if you aren't already.
Get it with the command below and add the resulting directory to your
`load-path', e.g., (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/vimpulse").